An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Product representative, to play a pivotal role in bringing the Frontier “Fintech” platform to the market and assisting to define the next chapter of this award-winning platform. This position reports to the Head of Technology and Operations.
They represent Frontier’s investments technology products to the marketplace, by engaging with both current and prospective Partners Platform clients and their advisors, running focus groups and being the voice of the customer for the Frontier technology team.
Frontier’s technology products include the “Partners Platform”, rated by Peter Lee as the leading digital research and analytics tool for five years in a row.
The focus for the senior product representative is to expand engagement and usage of this platform and support and inform the Head of Technology roadmap and commercialisation activities.
The Senior Product Representative should have a deep understanding of institutional investments and wealth management, including fintech solutions that operate in this marketplace.
The role covers four main areas of responsibility:
- Business Development : Conduct market research, identifying prospects and segments for investments technology opportunities. Work directly with clients, in collaboration with consulting teams and with the business development committee. Review opportunities for strategic value and product fit, maintain market knowledge and awareness and manage the pipeline of opportunities.
- Client Engagement : Engaging with the Frontier investments technology client base to ensure maximum use of the products throughout the user base, including the development of client specific views of platform usage, collection of user stories and establishing a deep understanding of the client workflows and use cases.
- Product Marketing : Staying abreast of trends in the investment technology market, assisting to expand the Frontier technology client base by identifying potential strategic opportunities. Maintain a collection of Frontier pitch decks and storybooks across client segments.
- Manage Pipeline: Assist with managing opportunities to successful closure through demonstrations, trials, and workshops. Understand clients buying criteria for technology evaluations, manage the functional gap and feed back requirements to the Frontier technology team.
- Business development of the investments technology practice within Frontier including market research, opportunities and researching competing solutions
- Pipeline management of investments technology opportunities from identification through to closure and win/loss analysis
- Building client and prospect specific views of platform usage, collection of user stories and deeply understanding client workflow and requirements
- Creating deep client relationships and ‘technology champions” within the client base that can help Frontier build roadmap and strategic platform.
- Engagement and liaising with C-level and senior executives in the superannuation, insurance, and emerging institutional investments market to determine their needs and pain points.
- Creation and maintenance of product storybooks, pitch decks and factsheets for use across Frontier business development activities.
- Working as part of the Technology Team to clearly articulate client requirements and capture in a methodical way using Confluence, to assist in roadmap and platform planning
- Work with the Head of Technology and Operations to align market trends with opportunities to inform the strategic direction of the Frontier investments technology practice.
- 10+ years’ experience working in an institutional investment environment or fintech vendor serving this industry (e.g. superannuation fund, fund manager or similar asset managers/asset owners, or system vendor/consultant supporting these industries).
- Experience in a hybrid role blending commercial business and software product build, bringing the business and technology domains.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders to capture requirements in a clear, concise manner and manage their expectations with respect to functional deliverables.
- Prior experience in either a product or sales support role with ability communicate at C-level.
- Ability to comprehend and present in detail, highly analytical products which are based on mathematical models, quant, and machine learning.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and an ability to work in, and contribute to, a team environment of collaboration and transparency, by working efficiently and effectively in an environment of mutual respect.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate at all levels including:
- Patience and understanding when dealing with clients and prospects who do not have a clear understanding of their requirements.
- Liaising with staff in a professional and confident manner.
- Communicating with external parties in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Giving and receiving feedback positively and constructively.
- A willingness to embrace and adapt to a dynamic work environment with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- A strong desire to take pride in your work and in how you represent yourself and Frontier; and
- An ability to work within a commercially sensitive environment, maintain confidentiality and comply with internal policies and procedures.
We’d love to hear from you
If you have the right to live and work in Australia and think this role could be for you, please submit your resume to David May at email@example.com .