Become a senior member of our investment strategy team and lead our portfolio construction delivery, offering fully supported flexible work options.
At Frontier our people are our business. Our people come from a vast range of professional backgrounds and with experience from around the globe and across industry sectors. Our people are our most important resource. The culture at Frontier encourages our team to think, to speak, and to challenge.
Working as a senior member of our investment strategy team, you will be required to lead our portfolio construction delivery to ensure high quality investment and strategic advice to Frontier clients.
- Lead Frontier’s thought leadership on portfolio construction issues. This will involve working closely with other members of the investment strategy team, other sector research functions and our internal technology team to ensure Frontier remains at the forefront of innovative portfolio construction advice.
- As a senior member of or investment strategy team, you will be required to actively contribute to all areas of our investment strategy function, including playing a senior role in our Dynamic Asset Allocation (DAA) process, involvement in our macroeconomic modelling and contributing to other research activities related to investment strategy.
- Supporting client teams in providing asset allocation recommendations to client portfolios that produce long-term risk-adjusted return enhancements
- Working with other senior members of the Investment Strategy team to present on capital markets to internal and external forums
- Contributing effectively to the development and maintenance of client relationships by identifying and employing strategies to secure and/or enhance such relationships
- Providing high quality and timely asset consulting advice to clients and becoming valued by the client.
- Play an important role in the development of more junior members of the investment strategy team, including as a line manager for a small number of staff.
Qualifications and experience
- Significant experience working in an institutional investment environment (e.g. superannuation fund, fund manager or similar asset manager/asset owner) in Australia or overseas;
- Appropriate graduate and post-graduate qualifications in economics or finance and strong research skills;
- Experience leading junior staff an advantage;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and an ability to work in, and contribute to, a team environment by working co-operatively and effectively in an environment of mutual respect.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent organisation skills, an ability to work autonomously, set priorities and work to deadlines; and
- Strong MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills, with a particular emphasis on strong Excel skills, and programming capabilities (particularly Python) also valuable
- 12% superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements
- An additional week of paid annual leave per year and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Access to long service leave after five years’ service
- $200 p.a. towards health and fitness items; monthly massages; annual flu shot
- Employee Assistance Program
- Regular social activities
- Range of learning and development opportunities including in-house training and attendance at industry events
- Paid study leave, course reimbursement and professional membership reimbursement
We’d love to hear from you
If you have the right to live and work in Australia and think this role could be for you, please submit your resume to David May at email@example.com .